thoughts, whims, and delusions of a middle aged mama

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Potential Daughter-in-Law???....or Another Barbie????

Well...he brought her home....Josh....brought his girl-friend from Florida home...Wow!!!
We finally got to meet the famous Tai....
From my perspective, the jury is still out...and may stay out for awhile...
I mean she seems nice enough...and she's very pretty...her pics do not do her justice...
but there is somthing not sitting right with me...maybe it's that she was nervous....or maybe she just has never had the opportunity to learn good manners...
And god knows I'm a stickler for manners....
And there was very subtle, but oh so definite, clinginess to Josh....
But it's the rudeness I can't abide.....she just gets up and walks away if she doesn't like what is being said...just up and goes...not a how-di-doo..not a fuck you all to hell...nothing....
And I had cooked all sorts of healthy foods and cleaned and yada, yada...and not a thank you to be had...from either one of them....
Portabella mushrooms stuffed with sweet onions, roasted red peppers and topped with smoked edam cheese
Baby spinach salad, black olives, freshly grated parmesean and fresh mozarella cheese
kabobs with fresh tuna, peppers, red onions, cherry tomatoes..
Pasta salad with large shrimp, black olives, and brocolli
potatoe salad
all sorts of tappas...
seven layer dip with fancy tortilla chips...
veggie platter with dip.....
two different kinds of hummus....

Anyway....I'm not sure...then there was this morning's 'bit'....Josh and Tai had planned a day trip to the Bronx Zoo......wonderful!!!....and I didn't think twice about it...till Josh called and asked David if he wanted to go....I was still on the downstairs extension so I said "I want to go"....I guess Josh was on speaker phone on his end...I could hear Tai in the background saying, quietly...'no, no, no...'...so Josh says it's a trip for under-thirty folks, only....

Oh well....Laurie and Mike asked me to join them taking Ethan to a local restoration farm for "Baby Animal Day"....I might do that....I never, ever go anywhere...Fred never wants to go...and I defer to him because I don't want to go places alone...
We used to take day trips all of the time...but now we have the dogs on this horrible schedule...and no one to fill in for us because Jake is so vicious...David is the only other person besides Fred and I who can handle him....

We have to find a really good animal behaviorist to help us. We are both good with training dogs...but Jake is beyond us...he's a story for another time...like so many...but suffice it to say that Aussie Rescue did a really poor job assessing him before allowing him to be adopted....
So we feel stuck...no one else could take him as he is...and we both love him...he's bright and smart and really loving to Fred and I...but he'll eat anything else alive...people, other dogs, cats....
So he lives in his crate a big part of the day...he can only be out alone..and even then, unless one of us is right there with him, he's muzzled....

So...can't go anywhere for more than one or two hours at a time....unless I go alone...

Well...this has been quite the self-pity party...better end this before I go whole-hog into feeling sorry for myself...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there young lady. I enjoyed your comments so much over on those other blogs I just had to come give you a shout here.

Wow, you got a houseful of family on your hands. It looks like all the boys came in one generation and the girls the next. What's up with that? :)

I enjoy my freedom being single but I must admit there are times when I miss living in a small house with too many people wanting to use "my" bathroom.

You keep up the good work, Darlin'. See ya around the blogs.

Yo said...

Me too!!
I loved your coments so much I had to come!!
You are such an incredible person, you know a lot about many things.
I was talking to a friend the other day, and we compared FLDS woman with the Meah Shearim religious woman in Israel, you made me laugh with that comment.
See you around!!

About Me

My photo
First I am a mother, and grandmother....that is probably the single most important aspect of my life. Then I am a family advocate for a large, national advocacy organization. I work primarily in "systems advocay", helping to identify needs and change policies in children's behavioral health. And I love my dogs, my garden, my pond and fish, and trashy murder mysteries and the occasional shot of good scotch.... Fell free to post a note in whatever the most recent entry is...I love meeting new people!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed