thoughts, whims, and delusions of a middle aged mama

Saturday, May 10, 2008



Then there were ...hmmm....I've lost count.....




I haven't told you about my children...I guess because I don't know where to start...


There is no logical place to begin. I'm not even sure how many. I mean, I know how many I biologically produced. But we long ago decided biology doesn't count, in this family, anyway...



We have in total, today;


Rob...Robert...


John


Big Mike


Jason/Doggy


Little Mike


Andre


Josh


Ollie


Brian


Kirkhuff


David




and there are others, from time to time....but these are the 'always' crowd....


Rob will be 38 this summer. David just turned 22. It doesn't seem possible....That I am a grandmother overwhelms me.




That I am a grandmother several times over is unbelievable;


Sky


Amber


Caleigh


Ian


Mimi


Ethan




They talk about 'the lost boys' with the FLDS...well, folks don't have a clue...some of my boys really were lost. Biological families that just don't give a crap....When they found their way here they had no where to live...no one to love them, unconditionally....no base...no foundation...no roots....


Now that isn't true for all of them. Some have wonderful families. Families that did care, do care, and will always care. But for some period of time their child needed a break...or the parent(s) needed a break. My Josh left a couple of times and moved in with my friends, Vicki and Hilton. They love him every bit as much as I do. He is every bit as much a part of their family as ours.


And Josh was 'adopted' by Andrea....Andrea is Josh's mother as much as if she gave birth to him. He never moved in with her....but she cared for him, nurtured him, loves him....and she did this at times when I was in horrible battle with him....so fortunately for Josh, he has always had someone in his life who has loved him totally unconditionally....if not always the same person...*smile*...I mean I have always, and will alway love him....but Josh tests the limits of one's abilities, sometimes...


One day, when I get the hang of this blogging thing...I'll tell you about each of them...they have wonderful stories....they are all spectacular young men!!!!!




No comments:

About Me

My photo
First I am a mother, and grandmother....that is probably the single most important aspect of my life. Then I am a family advocate for a large, national advocacy organization. I work primarily in "systems advocay", helping to identify needs and change policies in children's behavioral health. And I love my dogs, my garden, my pond and fish, and trashy murder mysteries and the occasional shot of good scotch.... Fell free to post a note in whatever the most recent entry is...I love meeting new people!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed