thoughts, whims, and delusions of a middle aged mama

Monday, May 19, 2008

Having One's Identity Challenged Is Tough

Some twit, on some blog, keeps asserting that I don't know what I am saying and that I am, at best, a rookie.....
She doesn't use those descriptors, but that's what she implies....She challenges me in very dismissive and demeaning ways.....And I bite....
I get pissed, and defensive...and I know I shouldn't.....
Thing is, I'm really good at what I do....one of the best.....
Hell, there are so many things I can't do...that I wish I could do...so many things I've tried and failed at...or had only marginal success....but family advocacy is my baliwick...I am good at it!
I know the laws and regulations and people involved....I spend lots of energy clearing away the 'ca-ca' and finding the crux of issues...I see the big picture....I see how the parts fit....
And I present good, solid reasoning 'at the table'.....

I know my ego isn't so fragile that I should take an attack from some venemous, anonymous blogger seriously.....so why do I feel so defensive??????....why do I feel some compelling reason to justify who I am, what I do, and that I do it well to a group of people I do not know, have nothing to do with me personally, or professionally, and don't give a tinker's damn about any of this crap?????

I think I am getting too, too upset about all that is happening in Texas and with the FLDS, in general....My heart is being torn over a group of people three thousand miles from here and there are plenty of folks in my own backyard who need my energies.....

I get on the blogs and phrases come to mind like "We're not in Kansas, anymore..."
The one thing it has done is help me put in perspective, once again, how much better Pa. is than a great number of other places....Lord knows we have our problems.....we have a long way to go...but we are moving in the right direction...sometimes the 'crisis of the moment' makes one forget how far we've come....but this Texas mess brings it home!!!!!!!!

It's scary to think that there are folks who actually believe what they are doing is a good thing....
I can't believe that the bureaucrats involved in the Texas mess deliberately want to hurt people...I believe they believe what they are doing is right....but how scary is that??????? How totally screwed up and damaged is the thinking of a group of people empowered to ruin lives???????????

3 comments:

kbp said...

First, that "twit" is clueless on the facts. More than two and she loses track of them.

The reason I came here was to email you a link, but you do not have an address up, so in case you missed this: Child Protective Services Handbook

kbp said...

I saw you tried to post a link.

If you'd like a simple tool for help on it, email me at
kbp69@yahoo.com

rericson said...

yes, yes....look at sec. 6437.....
and please, please post this on the "big blog"!!!!!!!!

About Me

My photo
First I am a mother, and grandmother....that is probably the single most important aspect of my life. Then I am a family advocate for a large, national advocacy organization. I work primarily in "systems advocay", helping to identify needs and change policies in children's behavioral health. And I love my dogs, my garden, my pond and fish, and trashy murder mysteries and the occasional shot of good scotch.... Fell free to post a note in whatever the most recent entry is...I love meeting new people!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed