thoughts, whims, and delusions of a middle aged mama

Friday, May 09, 2008




Ponds, Frogs, and Other Wildlife.....







So much work....such satisfaction....we 'built' our pond over the course of two summers and now we are adding all sorts of plants....



Last year, when we first filled it, we put in a couple dozen tiny, little 'feeder' gold fish...well, first thing that happened was that the pumped sucked up half of them and created fishburger...so we bought more, and put a net over the impeller of the pump...



We now have about twenty gorgeous gold fish...they all survived the winter...some are gold comets, several turned out to be beautifl sarasas...and we have two shebunkins....those we bought seperately....


We live in the middle of town, so imagine our surprise to find this mallard pair swimming on the pond a couple of weeks ago....they have since been almost daily visitors...(maybe because I feed 'em?)


The pond is truly wonderful...we have the fish and the ducks...and lots of frogs....the water falls creates just enough sound to make one feel like one is alone in the world and not surrounded by town noises....


We have several hardy water lillies coming up...they haven't broken the surface, yet...but any day now.....

Well, I uploaded the wrong picture and I have no idea how to remove it....
Some day...probably in another incarnation, I'm going to be really good at computer technology....
but for now....
This will just have to do....

No comments:

About Me

My photo
First I am a mother, and grandmother....that is probably the single most important aspect of my life. Then I am a family advocate for a large, national advocacy organization. I work primarily in "systems advocay", helping to identify needs and change policies in children's behavioral health. And I love my dogs, my garden, my pond and fish, and trashy murder mysteries and the occasional shot of good scotch.... Fell free to post a note in whatever the most recent entry is...I love meeting new people!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed