thoughts, whims, and delusions of a middle aged mama

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Buhda Comes Home












365 lbs of Buhda finally came home to the pond....


I fell in love with this wonderful Buhda a couple of years ago when I saw him at Ridgley's garden center...but he was almost 600.00.....way beyond anything I could spend on pond decor!!!!!


But, from time to time I would go visit him...rub his head....and belly.......and wish...


I think Ridgley felt sorry for me when I made my first pilgrimidge this year.....he offerred him to me 'at cost'...which turned out to be a whopping 280.00....but how could I refuse?????


So Buhda came home.....


He will gaurd the pond with his spirit...he will bring tranquility and calm.....the fish will flourish, the flowers will grow...the racoons will stay away!!!


Did I tell you we had a racoon a couple of nights ago???


Little shit ate two or three fish, tumbled several big rocks to the bottom....


Anyway, went and got a 'friendly trap' and caught the sucker...took all of about five minutes...relocated him about 10 miles away behind the Cherry Valley Methodist Church.....everyone keeps telling me he'll be back.....


Here he sits.......when I thought he was cute, before he ate my fish!!!

And then......HA!!!

Believe me, he was less than a happy camper!!!!
Josh's girlfriend, Tai, is coming to visit next weekend...gotta get the pond, yard, house...all looking spiffy...We've never met this girl, but from what we can tell, she's a keeper!!!!
I hope she likes Buhda.........


No comments:

About Me

My photo
First I am a mother, and grandmother....that is probably the single most important aspect of my life. Then I am a family advocate for a large, national advocacy organization. I work primarily in "systems advocay", helping to identify needs and change policies in children's behavioral health. And I love my dogs, my garden, my pond and fish, and trashy murder mysteries and the occasional shot of good scotch.... Fell free to post a note in whatever the most recent entry is...I love meeting new people!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed