thoughts, whims, and delusions of a middle aged mama

Friday, July 18, 2008

Random Peeves

Really smart people never have to tell you they are really smart. It kinda emanates from them.

It's the 'almost really smart' ones that tell you how smart they are. Just in case you miss it......

Humble people don't tell you they are humble...kinda creates an oxymoron.....or just plain moron......

Empowered mediocrity is probably the scariest aspect of the American condition

It makes me crazy when people say the their God is an "all loving" god.....and go on to tell you that if you don't believe in Him, He's going to bannish you to hell for all eternity.....

2 comments:

Dale said...

Hmm? You wouldn't be referring to anybody specific would you?

LOL

I lashed out at him for that and got banned for doing it in the way that I did. (later reinstated)

I hope that you continue to post over there.

Learning can't take place if everybody is constantly agreeing with one another.

I think I could learn a lot from you.

-Dale-

rericson said...

Dale....
I'll check the discussions from time to time...but honestly, I am not inclined to voluntarily enter into a realm where I am insulted, demeaned, "yelled" at, and treated with abject rudeness...it kinda goes against everything I've ever been taught about common courtesy and reasonable behavior...
I'm no saint...I've been known to blast the hell out of folks...but I don't like that aspect of myself and I really try to avoid behaving that way......
But your pal seems to brinng out the worst in me.....
He may believe that women can't teach...but I know for a fact that we all teach and we all learn....from each other, irrespective of gender.....
I find absolutists hard to bear....
I really do appreciate how kind you have been...and I enjoy, and learn, from your postings on Grits and Brooke's blog.....
Have a good one..
Reg

About Me

My photo
First I am a mother, and grandmother....that is probably the single most important aspect of my life. Then I am a family advocate for a large, national advocacy organization. I work primarily in "systems advocay", helping to identify needs and change policies in children's behavioral health. And I love my dogs, my garden, my pond and fish, and trashy murder mysteries and the occasional shot of good scotch.... Fell free to post a note in whatever the most recent entry is...I love meeting new people!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed