thoughts, whims, and delusions of a middle aged mama

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Becka....

Champion Sherwood's Rah-Becka
Becka is the most beautiful hound one could ever want. And what a personality! Despite the reputation English Foxhounds have for being aloof, Becka is a true "mush" dog. She was raised with Golden Retrievers and no one has told her she isn't a Golden....
Bec is almost four years old. She's been very, very healthy all of her life.
All of a sudden on Monday of Memorial Day weekend, she started having a cluster of grand mal seizures....
Scared the bejesus out of us...
It has taken almost two weeks to get them under control....
Two weeks ago Maggie, our 12 yr. old Golden died, quite suddenly....the thought of having to put Becka down was just devastating....but so far, so good....no seizures in a week, today.....

No comments:

About Me

My photo
First I am a mother, and grandmother....that is probably the single most important aspect of my life. Then I am a family advocate for a large, national advocacy organization. I work primarily in "systems advocay", helping to identify needs and change policies in children's behavioral health. And I love my dogs, my garden, my pond and fish, and trashy murder mysteries and the occasional shot of good scotch.... Fell free to post a note in whatever the most recent entry is...I love meeting new people!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed